Senior Portfolio Manager, Credit Fund Manager with $5BN+ AUM
“You have simplified what had seemed to be a very challenging task. Appreciate your help in closing the Portfolio Performance Review on time.”
The benefits of the partnership
- Requirement to update financials for 350+ companies within 60 days
- Insufficient bandwidth to complete portfolio review with internal resources
- Need for immediate support without investing in a full-time resource
- Team of three credit analysts led by a senior project manager
- A work tracker enabling portfolio managers to monitor progress
- Comprehensive best practice templates to standardize the process
- Portfolio review completed on time, using standardized processes and templates
- Flexible ongoing support with the firm's portfolio monitoring process
- Over $400K saved over five years on review process, plus additional project savings
A Linedata client initiated a new investment process called the Portfolio Performance Review (PPR) that required ALL companies in their portfolio to be reviewed by the investment committee by a set deadline. This involved up dating financials for 350+ companies within 60 days of the latest filings.
On top of this significant new workload, the client’s inhouse team was busy with roadshows and lacked bandwidth to complete the task on time. They required immediate support but did not want to add full-time resources, since the PPR was not an ongoing activity.
To meet the aggressive deadline, we immediately deployed three credit analysts from our Investment Data Analytics team to review the companies that were assigned to us. A senior Linedata project manager oversaw delivery and client communication, and a work tracker helped the client's portfolio managers monitor progress.
With Linedata’s help, our client completed the initial PPR on time. But the benefits of the partnership didn’t stop there. As part of our drive to help firms digitalize and optimize their processes, we designed comprehensive templates in line with industry best practices to standardize this and future PPR exercises.
This standardization has helped our client reduce Total Asset Turnover (TAT) on deliverables by 25%. In addition, they have saved more than $400K over five years on the PPR process and other short-term projects by using our temporary support rather than investing in full-time staffing.