The push to streamline and automate back offices is certainly not new. Nevertheless, fund administration operations often remain fragmented, inefficient, and riddled with manual processes and checks.
As firms juggle the longer-term transition to hybrid work environments, ‘the Great Resignation’, and a new generation of knowledge workers, it’s high time to rethink the strategy, tactics, and long-term objectives of back-office automation and transformation projects. How will task automation create more meaningful experiences for knowledge workers? What are the advantages of exception-based processes versus traditional checks? How can back-office digitalization contribute to two-way data flows that enhance customer service and financial product development? Is full automation and straight-through processing of NAV production realistic, or even desirable?
Download this webinar replay to learn how back-office automation, exception-based processing, and digital transformation translate into:
- Operational cost savings and efficiency gains
- Better job satisfaction and talent retention
- Fewer errors and reduced operational risk
- Enhanced fund oversight and controls
- Abdallah Hajji, Global Director, Asset Management Software Delivery, Linedata
- Thomas Balashev, Managing Partner, Monta Capital
- Megan Herzl, Event Content Manager, With Intelligence