A disparate global market
With outstanding loans of 5,600 billion euros at the end of 2011, the global market is marked by significant disparities between continents:
- North America accounts for 39% of global outstanding loans, primarily in the United States and Canada.
- Asia and the Middle East (29%) represent the second-largest region, well ahead of Europe (23%).
However, gaps are narrowing due to the strong growth of emerging markets. The proportion of loans in the five largest countries (United States, Japan, Canada, United Kingdom and Germany) has fallen from 76% to 60% in the space of three years.
A market subject to severe constraints
Consumer credit has been experiencing difficult times since the subprime crisis and the strengthening of consumer protection laws: the number of subscriptions for revolving credit and personal loans has been decreasing along with the average amount of lending.
In Europe in particular, institutions involved in consumer credit must be able to meet complex requirements, such as:
- Offering increasingly innovative products that meet legal requirements and that must be taken to market quickly via all existing or future distribution channels
- Analysing risk in as much detail as possible, in order to provide clients with lending solutions associated with a measurable (and measured) risk.
- Anticipating problems and managing contracts by allowing modification of existing contracts and thus limit delinquency, loan default and the use of debt commissions.
Linedata’s offer at the heart of the business strategy
Linedata supports you in taking on new challenges with the Linedata Ekip 360 software package and its Distribution and Management systems.
Thanks to the extent of our solution, you can offer your customers lending solutions tailored to their needs, including traditional lending, revolving credit, and purchase of receivables (consolidation).
The strength of our software solution lies in the completeness and detail of the features we provide, which allow you to ensure the Distribution and Management not only of your products but also those of your partners on behalf of whom you manage accounts.